Investing in SEO strategies means delegating the time, energy and the willingness to invest resources on the right tactics that can boost a Web site’s online presence. And one of the most effective strategies is content marketing where SEO practitioners and content writers dedicate their time writing relevant content to keep their site’s visibility high up on the search results.
The operative term here is “relevant.”
Human interests and search trends shift and change over time. Content topics currently being widely searched and massively consumed by Web users online may not be as interesting for your target audience in a few days or so. Eventually, site visitors looking for your topics may begin dwindle. To prevent these from happening, here are a few tips for making your site’s content relevant.
Consistently Produce Content
One of the fundamentals in content marketing involves regularly producing content for your target readers. In a nutshell, setting up a Web site or blog is a promise of things to come, and creating a steady stream of content fulfills that promise. For instance, soon after a blog about sci-fi television is set up and gets noticed online, people will naturally expect it to regularly publish fresh content for them to consume–from reviews of new episodes, to upcoming seasons and rumored projects.
By keeping your content fresh, you ensure the continuous flow of incoming traffic, helping cultivate a growing visitor base, and developing a healthy brand reputation.
Be Topical: Listen In On What’s Trending
To create content that is truly relevant, itâ€™s important to keep your radars up and listen in on what is currently keeping the Web abuzz. This will enable you to write about the latest issues and topics around your industry where you can share your unique opinions, and pull interested people into your fold. Here, using social media sites and content aggregators like Google Reader and Alltop will indeed be crucial.
Write About Timeless Topics
Another way of keeping your content relevant is by writing about topics that are timeless, and will always be of interest to people. This is where a lot of how-tos and other kinds of instructional content will prove to be valuable. For example, millions of people are passionate about cooking and interested in DIY projects. Because of this, there will always be searching for helpful topics like “How to Make a Proper Souffle” or “Plumbing 101.”
Reinvigorate Old Topics for New Readers
Just because you wrote them days, months, or even years ago doesn’t mean your old content can no longer be relevant to today’s crop of readers. Instead of merely letting them collect dust in your blog’s archives, reintroduce them to your front page for people to see and read. There are three ways you can effectively reinvigorate old topics:
- Update old topics and newsy posts with new pieces of information.
- Repurpose them into newer content forms like infographics, videos, Web comics, and podcasts.
- Link to older content as references to provide better context for the new, related ones.
Get Guest Bloggers
Opening up your blog to guest bloggers offers a lot of benefitsÂ that can enrich your content marketing, allow you to reach more people online, even enable your blog’s content production to be unbridled even when you’re unable to write and post anything online. It can also keep your site and content base very relevant to people within and beyond your demographic. Inviting the popular and the influential to write for your blog will make you much more visible online through your guest blogger’s own followers.
Make Your Content Shareable
In order to make your content more relevant, it’s important to make it as visible to people online, whether they’re your targeted readers or not. Because of this, it’s best to open your blog to the social Web and make your content easy to share to others. And creating a bridge to the social Web is the best way to do this. Here, you’ll need to do the following:
- Ensure every piece of content you produce is valuable and compelling to your readers. Make it interesting, educational, and entertaining enough, and people will be prompted to share it with others who may also be interested.
- Establish your brand or site’s presence on the social networks. It’ll be easier for you to reach your audience, and it’ll be a cinch for them to find and connect with you.
- Sharing your content on the social networks will make it easier for them to discover your own blog and your content.
- Instead of just promoting your site and sharing your content, it’s best to also deeply commit to creating a meaningful relationship with your following. This is done by actually engaging with your followers.
- Make your content more shareable by using social buttons on your blog’s pages. That way, they can easily share your content with everyone seeing their social feeds with just a click or two.
Popularity: 1% [?]
Popularity: 1% [?]